The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Terry Fox fun run 2007

I ran the first 5km of the 10km Terry Fox fun run today. I didn't take it too seriously. My watch didn't work, so I don't know what time I did - but it was about 19 minutes. Jay came through a bit after me in a bit over 19 minutes.

I had to go to work at 11am, so although I felt a bit bad having to tell the official who was leading me on a bicycle that I would be pulling out, I had to end it after 5km.

Then it was like a duathlon. I ran back to Hibya Park, got my bag, then had 7 minutes to cycle to work. I didn't quite make it on time (not very acceptable in Japan). But I was only 5 minutes late.

My ITB is tight on my left knee. I could really feel it, like a hard lump, when I was cycling after running. Feet were fine.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home