The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Friday, September 14, 2007

Training

Didn't run tonight. Loads of work to do, and it's probably time for a break anyway.

Rightly or wrongly (probably wrongly) I've never been one for running programs. But I think it's basically going to be 40min x 5 time a week for a few weeks, then a 5% to 10% increase in total mileage each week. I REALLY miss my 2 hour runs - and my fast hour runs. Turns out my fast hour runs weren't doing me much good - but because I run along the Sumidagawa I can go for half an hour without hitting a road - getting a good speed and holding it can feel easy some nights.

So, to recap, a few weeks of 5 x 40min runs (Stephen's suggestion), then a slow build up.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home