The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Motivation

It's hard to get properly motivated again. I find it hard to take it easy, but I also find it hard to focus. On Friday I went for a run but then caught up with an old friend and drank beer; Saturday I went to work feeling a bit under the weather and sleep deprived, so no training Saturday. On Sunday we'd organised to meet friends for dinner. Again, drinks, late night. Again I felt tired Monday and skipped training. I ran 35 minutes Tuesday. Pretty bad effort.

Now, to cap it all, I have a cold. I feel like I need to run tonight, but I also feel I need to ease my way back into running. And I'm getting fat. I'm up half a kilogram on my normal weight, and up 1.5 kilograms on my weight when I was training for the marathon. So it all feels wrong.

But now is the time to get it together.

Today, I entered two events. A 5,000 meter track race on the 6th of October and a 5km road race on the 21st of October. So I have a goal again. I want to go sub 17.45 on the 6th and sub 17.30 on the 21st. Must focus.

1 Comments:

At 1:38 pm, Blogger Ingo said...

Weight up and motivation down - hey brother! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home