The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Monday, August 20, 2007

Tadao Ando's Church of Light

A few days back we visited what is perhaps Tadao Ando's best known building - his Church of Light. I've got used to Ando's buildings being erected in the most unimpressive areas, but this place still came as a shock. The church is in a nondescript back street in a suburban area far from Osaka.

I took a lot of photos of the building because the usual shots have all been taken before. Hundreds of books have a picture of light streaming in through the glass cross in the church's back wall. So, I snooped around and took photos of the kitchen, the courtyard, and the ceiling above the offices.

I hope you enjoy these shots. Also, see my entry on Ando's Hyogo Prefectural Museum.



























Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home