The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Friday, November 10, 2006

Knees and trees

K's Massage gave me an interesting diagnosis today. It doesn't contradict what Tokyo Physio said, but it adds to it. I was told today that my ITB (Iliotibial band - runs down the outside of your quad) tightness originates in my tensor fasciae latae (a muscles in the hip).

I can feel that this diagnosis is correct because if I do an "ITB stretch" (I've been taught three) I feel the pull in my hip.

Keeping my legs working well from now until the Tokyo Marathon will involve a lot of stretching. I need to stretch three times a day. I don't enjoy stretching, so it will be hard to motivate myself to do it.

This time of year in Tokyo is great. The air is cooler and the sky is a beautiful mid-blue.

Not long now until the leaves go red on the trees. Here's a picture of last year's koyo.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home