The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Saturday, October 28, 2006

I finally know what's wrong

I finally went and saw someone about my knee pain. And now I have a diagnosis. I have patella femoral maltracking. What this means, basically, is my ITB is tight, which means my left kneecap is pulled to the left. This results in the knee tendon being pulled left. When I run, the knee isn't tracking correctly and the tendons are strained.

The place I went to is called Tokyo Physio. It is one of the best places I have ever been to. If you have knee pain, go there. It is worth the cost of ¥12,000. www.tokyophysio.com. It's run by Australians, so you need to be able to speak English.

Now I have been - and now I know what's wrong - I can find a cheaper massuer to work on loosening up my ITB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home