The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Thursday, October 26, 2006

My knee's hurting more

Why is it that my knee feels good for a few days after I do a run but feels worse the longer I rest it? I've got a cold and I've got my 5km runs out of the way, so now's the time to rest my leg and mend it. Tomorrow the hunt begins for some good treatment.

I've narrowed my options down to:

YAMANE CHIROPRACTIC
8F Shinichi Bldg
2-8 Yotsuya
Shinjuku-ku
Tokyo 160-0004
Treatment usually includes massage and/or acupuncture on top of the chiropractic treatment. One session lasts about 50 minutes.
How to get there: From Yotsuya Station (R Chuo, Sobu or Maronouchi line), walk for 5-10 minutes on Shinjuku dori towards Shinjuku.
Look for a 7-11 convience store. The clinic is in the same building on the 8th floor. Tel: 03 3357 1688
Reservations: Recommended
How to get there: From Yotsuya Station (R Chuo, Sobu or Maronouchi line), walk for 5-10 minutes on Shinjuku dori towards Shinjuku.
Reservations: Recommended
English: Yes
National Health Insurance: No

OR

TOKYO PYSIO
Clinic run by two Australian physiotherapists. Comes highly recommended by several runners. Their Web site contains detailed information on their services and includes an appointment diary. An excellent choice for anyone with a private insurance plan that will cover the 12,000-yen-per-session fee.
Where: Ebisu
Tel: 03-3443-6769
Hours:
Reservations: Required (can be made via their Web site)
Web site: www.tokyophysio.com
English: Spoken

OR

K'S SPORTS MASSAGE
Experts in sports massage, K's serves Konica's corporate running team, Japan's top team of the past few years. A multi-visit card offers a rate of 4,500 yen per visit (1 hour session).
Where: Ebisu 1-22-17, 4F, Shibuya-ku
Tel: 03-3445-4541
Hours: 10:00 - 20:00
Reservations: Required
English: Some English spoken
National Health Insurance: No

I got these suggestions from the Namban rengo website. A great site for runners in Tokyo: www.namban.org

Oh, I know some people come to this site looking for Japanese track bikes - look further down the page and through some of the previous months. I've got about seven to show you so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home