The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Friday, November 03, 2006

More treatment

Yesterday I decided to check out another place on my treatment list - Yamane. To be honest, Yamane wasn't my first choice. Itried to book into K's Massage but they were busy. But Yamane had been recommended to me, so I thought it was worth a try.

I got lost going there. If you ever want to go - take the Marunouchi Line to Yotsuya Station, come out of the main exit, then don't cross the bridge like I did. Go the other way, down Shinjuku Dori until you get to the 7/Eleven. It's on the 8th floor of that building.

I was impressed by the sensei at Yamane. He taught me some very interesting things about my body-why bad things always happen to my left leg and not to my right. And he's wholistic in his approach - he mixes ice treatment (much colder than I have been led to believe is correct) with massage (shiatsu - not my favorite) and chiroprody (very gentle, but seems to have worked). If I go back, he will also use acupuncture. My knee feels a bit better - I will go for a run later today, so I will see if I feel better after that.

Tomorrow I will go to K's. This is the K's website: www.ks-trainer.co.jp
They don't speak much English, but if you've got a few words of English (days of the week, time of the day etc) you should be OK. I will post tomorrow with my thoughts on the massage and the easiest way to get to the clinic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home