The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Monday, January 15, 2007

A new pain

Today, I planned to run 35km at 4.15 pace. I did laps of the Imperial Palace, and the first lap felt good, done a little too fast at 20min 50sec. I felt my ITB was a bit tight so I stopped for 30 seconds and stretched it - which helped. The next 3 laps was the same, 4.15kms, 30 second stetch. But, at 24km ny right knee developed a nasty pain. It's the first time my right knee has hurt. I stopped. Stretched a lot, ran, stretched, ran, stretched, but at 30km it was time to call it a day. The knee still hurts now. This has come totally out of the blue.

The other weird thing was my heart rate after I stopped - it sped up. For a good 5 minutes or more it raced along at about 160-170pbm while I was standing still.


I need one of these...



...anyone know where I can find one?











Image taken from
www.jeffgalloway.com

1 Comments:

At 9:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the knee expert already but what's that heart rate thing about? Did it happen only once? Was it always at the same spot?

One explanation could be lots of electro-magnetic pollution from all the neighboring government buildings. You'll notice quite a few big antennas when you look for them. When I do my laps there sometimes my speed sensor or heart rate sender get disturbed by something.

But man, if thats a real cardiac reaction you better have it checked - just to be sure. I don't want to freak you out but read Yet Another Reason to Use a Heart Rate Monitor.

P.S.: Again too fast by 1 sec/k ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home