The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Friday, January 12, 2007

Maeda and Gan Well Pro

Back in November I spotted the best looking keirin bike I've ever seen. And I saw it again today. But the owner's gone and put some goofy gold handlebars on it. Still, it's worth some more photos.



















I was happy to have seen the Gan Well, but then I spotted a Maeda - my first one (I'm getting like a trainspotter - I want to see all the brands). Suntour made these frames.
















Running wise - did 30 minutes today. Had a massage, Knee and achilles feel bad. Don't want to talk about it.

3 Comments:

At 1:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then I talk about it mate! Get off the throttle for once and become a jogger - nothing faster than marathon pace from now on - 4:16min/k that is. No more 4min pace long tempo runs! Otherwise you'll be a wreck by Feb 18th. Only my .02$ buddy but reading your clinical history is already a tough one! That Shibuya Ekiden may well put another nail in the Tokyo Marathon coffin. Time to reflect - at some point things may simply snap or become chronic. And would that be worth it?? Give it some thoughts. Best, Ingo

 
At 10:33 pm, Blogger GKK said...

Thanks Ingo, you're like the good angel that pops up on my shoulder and says 'Don't do it' - then I end up playing the bad angel and telling myself 'Go on, do it.' I think I need your words of wisdom for some balance - and they work. I took it easy today, and I've decided to run 35km at an easy pace (4.16 or slower) on Monday instead of 25km at 4 min pace.

 
At 2:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear you are going to replace the fast 25k on Monday with a slower run! Save this one for the next season. If you have difficulties pacing yourself then invest some money in these garmin or polar gadgets which tell you pretty accurately your pace - and they will remind you with pretty annoying beeping that you are too fast if you set it up this way. You will be surprised how difficult it can be to run slowly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home