The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Jan 9 - Tuesday - 90 minutes fast

I felt tired today. Got very little sleep after doing nightshift last night (8th) and getting up for day shift (9th). But it's time to do miles - so I did a fast 90 minute run. I made it almost as far as I used to go on my 2 hour runs.

I feel like the knee will make it, the achilles will make it. The right knee is getting stiff too, but it will make it. The hip is great, the pain at the back of the knee is gone (a really good deep tissue massage got that out). I've got blisters and a sore left shoulder - but that can't stop me running.

Not long to go now to the marathon.

1 Comments:

At 3:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock! But no need to go faster than marathon target pace at this stage anymore I think. Enough speed - time for miles - a lot of miles!

You only have 2 more weeks before the taper anyway. Maybe peaking with 100+ km between Jan 22-28 could be good.

Ganbarimasu! Ingo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home