The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Monday, January 08, 2007

The wine that makes you whine

Sometimes I got for a run with my wife. She runs at a pretty good speed (she did the London marathon in 3.49) so it's good for my easy runs. So today we headed out together. BUT, she went out drinking with a good friend of ours last night - and polished off a whole bottle of red by herself. The run turned into a walk, which turned into a search for a place to buy some Pocari Sweat. After some dodgy moments (red wine was threatening to return to the throat) we were able to run again. A course I'd usually do in 40 minutes took us 1hr 05min. Still, it was a lovely day for a run.

I used new innersoles today - the Superfeet ones. They're OK at slow speeds, and maybe I can get used to them. I think they make me run better because of the arch support.

2 Comments:

At 4:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well mate, if you can get that wife of yours off the bottle she will become a very good runner. Mika T. did her first marathon in 4:05 and is now a sub 3:10 runner!
BTW, you should have been there to help her with that bottle, so it is really your fault she drank too much. It is always the husband's fault, and the sooner you learn that, the better.

 
At 6:56 pm, Blogger GKK said...

She was all ready to train for the Tokyo Marathon, then didn't get a place - so she gets to drink while I train. She's reserve for the ekiden, so maybe she'll have to do a hard run again sooner than she thinks.

It IS always the husband's fault isn't it. Glad I'm not the only one to think it.

Mika T is in a magazine this month - Runners. A little profile on her Women's Marathon run PB.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home