The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Running update

Ran 38 minutes yesterday - super easy.

Today, I did 50 minutes. Perhaps a tad too fast. Knees feel OK. They wouldn't stand up to marathon training though.

Now, something for triathletes and cyclists out there - crank length. I read the first version of this report long ago, and I've been trying to track it down. It's fascinating in that it reports on a test that found that 90 percent of cyclists are riding the worst length crank for power output - 170mm.

The follow-up test makes interesting reading. I've been using 165mm cranks for four years and have found them to be an improvement. But I do wonder whether 150mm cranks are the way to go for flat events and track racing.

http://www.velonews.com/tech/rev/crank.html

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home