The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Work, work, work

I'm a bit snowed under with work at the moment, so I couldn't run yesterday (at a computer from 9.30am to 1am - that must be bad for you).

But missing a day is not too much of a problem. I did an hour on Sunday at a middling pace (I know I said I wouldn't run an hour, on Steve's instructions, for a few weeks but I like running too much) and I should be able to do 40 minutes today.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:25 pm, Blogger Stephen Lacey said...

It is a duration x intensity x frequency kind of thing, and in your case it is necessary to err on the side of caution. If you ran an hour and the pace was easy, that shouldn't be a problem. But in general, ease off on the pace and time and try to keep the frequency bumping along, though the odd rest day is not a bad thing at all, and sometimes life just leaves you no option. You seem to be doing alright on this regime so far.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home