The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Stitched up!

My hopes for today's massage were dashed. I turned up but my massuer didn't. I had a feeling this would happen. I had been seeing another massuer, and of course, etiquette among massuers dictates they can't steal customers off each other. So my old massuer offered to massage me instead - which wasn't what I wanted, but what could I do or say?

Halfway through the massage I was told that my knees could respond well to acupuncture - and would I like to give it a go. I said yes (I'll try anything at this stage). Of course, this meant having less time for massage, but I'd booked in for 90 minutes, so giving up a bit of time for acupuncture seemed worthwhile.

But when it came to paying I was presented with a bill for ¥10,500 - 90 minutes solid massage and an acupuncture visit. Pretty cheeky considering I got about 60 minutes of massage and I hadn't been told beforehand that they'd even charge me extra for the acupuncture - AND the massuer I'd booked with didn't show up.

Maybe it's the frustration of not being able to run - but the whole thing's got me down. I like to be able to trust a massuer. I feel like I'm being treated as someone who'll spend money on anything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home