The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Friday, December 08, 2006

No running yesterday, what do I do today?

Yesterday, I was slack. I came home and dinner was ready. So I ate, a lot. Then I just couldn't be bothered hitting the streets for a run at 9pm. So I told myself I'd do a hard run today - but tomorrow is Namban Rengo's bonnenkai run, and for that run I will have to run a sub-18 min 5km, which will be hard to do if I do, say, a hard 2 hour run today. So I'm still sitting in the house at 12.55pm wondering how far to go.

Had an incredibly frustrating time talking on the phone to a compnay in New York, Educational Testing Service, which runs the TOEFL English tests. We believe they're lying to us about when they posted some TOEFL results. We need the results by the 13th, but to cover themselves ETS is saying a letter takes 6 weeks to travel from New York to Tokyo (Japan Post says it takes 7 days).

So, I think ETS has told us two lies - probably because they forgot to post the results on the right day (in fact the phone call last night made me think they had not posted the letter at all).

That'd be fine if they would do something to fix the problem, but they won't - in fact, they won't even allow me to organise a courier to pick up the letter from their offices and deliver it, at no cost to them. Incredible.

ETS has a monopoly on the TOEFL system. They know they don't need to be customer friendly. I wish another company would provide English test services, it wouldn't be hard to provide a better service.

By the way, if you have a complaint to make about a TOEFL test or ETS you can contact:

New Jersey Office of the Attorney General
P.O. Box 080
Trenton, NJ 08625-0080
Main number: 609-989-2190

Or visit this website for more information: http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/nj/contact/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home