The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

2 hour 35 minute run

On Monday, I did a 2hr 35min run . I ran the full length of the Sumidagawa river, from Tokyo Bay up to where it bends around near Kita Senju and back down again. I felt bad at the start, but as the run progressed I felt better and by the end I felt great - I even upped the pace for the last few minutes. I don't know how far I ran, but I guess I was doing 4.15 per km, so I'll let you do the maths.

We hiked up Takao mountain on Saturday. The climb isn't too difficult, but it took a good 3 hours. The leaves are just beginning to turn red. On the way down the mountain we took the valley walk, it was incredibly lush and verdant. Sorry some of the pictures are a bit dark and blurry.





On Sunday, I did an easy 1 hour run (well, kind of easy - I did a very fast 10 minutes in the middle), then watched as the Tokyo International Womens Marathon runners struggled in 8C weather and rain. Four runners from my club ran the event, one did it in 3hrs 10min - an amazing run in the conditions.

LOOKING FOR THE TOKYO CYCLE SHOW PICTURES?

Here's two more pics, but scroll down the page for more.

Kendo frame and handlebars more high-tech stuff from Taiwan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home