The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Sunday, September 24, 2006

I won!

OK, so it was the Terry Fox fun run - not exactly the Boston Marathon, but I won the 5km (17.55). Second place came in in 18.20, so I had a lonely run. I was happy that I was able to push myself the whole way and beat my previous best for the course by about 30 seconds. Also, this was the first time I have run under 18 minutes for 5km on a road course. My next run on this course will be the Breast Cancer run ( www.runforthecure.org ). I am expecting a bigger and better field for that run, but I really hope I can go about 20 seconds faster again and get a top 3 place - if my achilles tendon lets me.




After the run with a couple of the guys from Namban Rengo running club ( www.namban.org ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home