The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Monday, September 11, 2006

Kalavinka track frames

I knew of the mythical Kalavinka track frame, I'd visited the brand's website ( www.kalavinka-bikes.com ) but I'd never seen one close up. Then, two in two days! This red one looks great. I saw it in Shibuya. It's teamed with gold Velocity rims which match the gold kanji lettering on the downtube perfectly. The handlebars are a tiny bit narrow. The other frame is chrome. Sorry for the poor quality of the shot, I had to snap it quickly with my cell phone. I found it on a backstreet in Ginza. The frame was in great condition, but it could be made to look a who lot better. Still, the thing about fixies is they get you from A to B quickly and without any fuss - it's not all about looks.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home