The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Enjoying my running

I'm really enjoying my running at the moment. Losing 1-2 kilograms has made me realise I can go faster with less effort - it's making my track sessions a lot more enjoyable.

I got my time and result for the Okutama ekiden that was held in December, and I was pleased to see I set a new club record, and was among the fastest 25 runners for that stage.

At the track last night we did 4 x 1,600m. Hard mentally, but I ran almost exactly even splits: 5.27, 5.23, 5.25, 5.25.

This Sunday is Shibuya Ekiden, a short and fast race of 2.8km. I'm feeling a little stale, but I hope to feel good on the day - I think we can podium.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home