The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Seen in Tokyo (Aoyama area)

Went to some great Tokyo shops today including Cibone and bag makers Isaburo.

Along the way I spotted what perhaps counts as the best fixed gear bikes I've ever seen...enjoy.

Top of the list is this bike. At first I thought it was the Nike concept bike, created by the Ben and Oscar Wilson for Nike's 25 year anniversary of its Air Force 1 shoe. A closer look revelead a small Nike sticker on the front. But I know nothing about this frame except it looks stunning.















Next most amazing bike - at first sight at least - was the Brooklyn Machine Works bike. An amazing looking machine, but my excitement was tempered a bit by two things - the bike is sold as seen, I prefer it that people pick and choose their parts, and second, it's not a fixie! A closer look reveals a back pedal brake - how wrong is that!














If you like clashing colours, this one's for you. There was a few too many hues for my liking, but I'm sure this floats someone's boat







I felt sorry for this KHS, so much competition in Tokyo...



One shop in Harajuku has a great bike rack that reads "Hang Yourself"








The trend for one colour bikes is taking hold in Tokyo...this green Kalavinka is quite nice...






Whereas this white Kalavinka is more old skool (note the gold lock)





Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:02 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow nice job & thanks. Its great to see what’s happening in Japan from here in Canada.

 
At 10:23 pm, Blogger GKK said...

Thanks :)

 
At 2:22 pm, Blogger Andy said...

Must be nice to live in a place where you can lock a $$$ bike with a luggage lock and it won't get stolen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home