The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Running at Oda Field, Shibuya, Tokyo

Tonight I ran at Oda Field in Shibuya for the second time. I love going to this track - it's good to see fast runners training. I was really happy with my times tonight. We did six 1000 metre runs with a 200 metre jog to recover. Last time I ran at Oda my times for the six efforts were: 3.34, 3.22, 3.26, 3.34, 3.34, 3.34. But this time I felt really good, and my times came down significantly to: 3.16, 3.14, 3.15, 3.18, 3.26, 3.25. Obviously I need to make sure my efforts are a little more even - the splits should be about the same - but I didn't fade too badly.

If you want to join us at Oda Field on Wednesdays, visit www.namban.org for details.

1 Comments:

At 8:41 am, Blogger Charlie Cooley said...

Thanks for your post. I'm coming to Japan September 19-28 and I am looking for some runs while I'm there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home