The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Project 6.8 update

My quest to build a bicycle that weighs 6.8 kilograms is progressing, slowly. Yesterday I bought a new saddle - an SLR Flow with carbon fibre rails and then, soon after returning home from the bike shop, the doorbell rang. My new rear hub had arrived from the States. Here's some pics:


I was a little disappointed that this seat weighs more than claimed by the maker. They say 120 grams. The scales say 129 grams.




This hub, made by Swiss company DT, however, is perfect. The weight is only 232 grams, lower than claimed.


My bike with the new saddle. The new hub won't be on the bike for some time, I have to save a bit harder before I get the new wheels built up because the hub is a 10-speed hub, so I will need to change the chain, rear mech and ergo levers at the same time. Very expensive.
Here's some links to the manufacturers. The saddle is by Selle Italia: www.selleitalia.com. The hub is by DT: www.dtswiss.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home