The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Post-marathon

I finally got to the hospital today to get this glandular problem worked out. Good news is I'm basically very healthy - white blood cell count, lungs etc all healthy. More results next week.

My knee is slowly recovering from the marathon (bad ITB pain). I can walk now, and cycling is fine. I'll give running a try later this week.

On the hunt for 10km runs now - need to run as many as possible before a big 12km run in Australia in September.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:40 pm, Blogger Jon in Tokyo said...

Good luck with your recovery.
What is the big race in Australia in September?

 
At 11:39 am, Blogger GKK said...

Thanks.

The big race is the City-Bay fun run. Adelaide's biggest run - about 15,000 starters. I'm aiming to get top 100 and hopefully win my age group (divided into individual years - I "only" have to beat the other 39 year olds)

 
At 11:41 am, Blogger GKK said...

The only problem with my plan could be if a certain Kim Gillard decides to run. He's 39 and can still do 12km in 37 minutes!

 
At 12:23 pm, Blogger Jon in Tokyo said...

I ran the Adelaide Marathon in 84 (aahhh...quarter of a century ago!) and remember we had One year age groups. Did not place or anything but it was my break thru Marathon where I dropped from 3-20+ to 3-09.You could buy a video of yourself finishing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home