The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Monday, October 06, 2008

Fast(ish) 10km

I went for a hit-out around the Palace today. It's been ages since I ran there. My plan was two laps at under 20 minutes per lap - and I wore my heart rate monitor because I've never really known exactly how fast my heart rate is at 4min per km pace.

I was a little surprised that it shot up to 185bpm quite quickly, then edged up to 186. At this point I feel like going any faster is really going to hurt, and I soon found out it does - 188bpm feels awful. I feel glad, however, that the old rule of "220 minus your age" doesn't seem to apply to me when calculating my lactate threshold. I think my lactate threshold is 188/189.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home