The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Oda Field track session

I tried out running spikes for the first time last night, and found them both easier and harder to run in than expected.
I had expected they would force me to run on my toes, but they didn't, I was able to run normally for the kind of distance I'd be using them for (1km, 1 mile etc). However, at speed they showed up my poor running technique. While racing flats are forgiving and soak up a poor landing of the foot, spikes magnify even the smallest mistake. I found myself acutely aware of every foot fall - and how bad my running style becomes as I tire.

I'm not going to do a lot of track work, as right now my focus is on distance. The next 12 weeks need to be about mileage, while also 'listening' to my knee for any signs of trouble.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home