The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Getting some good training in

My knees being the way they are I tend to take my opportunities for good training as and when they come. So I'm pleased to have been able to do two weeks of good training.

Last week, I did the duathlon as well as a fast one hour run and a fast 45 minute run (I found the fast runs hurt my knees a lot less than slow runs - a feeling backed by research done by Stanford University).

This week I did a 6hr 30min mountain walk on Monday and a 90-minute medium-pace run on Wednesday.

I always rest a day between runs and stretch and ice after runs. I'm also doing all my running in a pair of old, worn out racing flats that have lost their padding - so I'm virtually running barefoot. I can feel everything on the ground. It makes me land on my midfoot to front foot area and take care to land as smoothly as possible. Crazy? Maybe, but my knees have not felt this good in months.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:27 pm, Blogger Luis Majarena said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:01 pm, Blogger dhotmauli said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:14 pm, Blogger Business said...

Your website is undeniably a void if it does not drive either the target audience or any visitors. Even if it does, since your website is intended to thrive your online business and drive the target audience thereby increasing your site visibility, less traffic is a bad indication...
bestsolutionofit.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home