The Village Velodrome Appreciation Society

A blog about jitensha and jogging

Monday, July 27, 2009

My (awful) Tour predictions

Well, the Tour's finished, and my selections weren't so great. I had Contador, Schleck and Vande Velde in about the right spots, and I picked the Green, White and Team winners, but I chose all the guys who had dire Tours too - Evans, Menchov and Rogers all performed below anyone's expectations.

1. Cadel Evans - 30th
2. Alberto Contador - 1st
3. Andy Schleck - 2nd
4. Carlos Sastre - currently 17th
5. Denis Menchov - 51st
6. Lance Armstrong - 3rd
7. Christian Vande Velde - 8th
8. Mikel Astarloza - currently 11th
9. Michael Rodgers - 103rd
10. Sylvain Chavanel - 20th

Plus Green jersey
Thor Hushovd - in Green

Polka Dot
Carlos Sastre - 14 points (43rd place)

White
Andy Schleck

Team
Astana

And now for a new category - Best Post-Tour Trick
(click on photo for link to PEZ Cycling - www.pezcyclingnews.com)





Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home